We recommend that all community pharmacy contractors register for the PSNC newsletter which contains updates from their site, providing subscribers with details and links to the most relevant news articles. The newsletter covers a range of topics relating to NHS community pharmacy such as changes to contractual requirements, Drug Tariff updates and funding arrangements, as well as updates to the wider healthcare landscape. Those signed up to this list also receive price concession alerts and updates.
Saturday 26th December 2020
Further to the article in the newsletter of 4th September, if you want to close on Saturday 26th December and have only supplementary hours, you must notify NHS England of the temporary change to hour no later than Friday 26th September using the Notification of changes to supplementary opening hours form.
Increasing the use of Electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD)
Mike and Andre have been working closely with Community Pharmacy as we deliver our NHS England eRD Support Programme for General Practices across North East and Yorkshire. As that work continues they would like to send out some key messages to Community Pharmacy Contractors
They have summarised some eRD key messages in the attached one-pager.
The objective of this document is: "To raise awareness of the eRD support programme here in North East and Yorkshire and to ensure Community Pharmacies are in a good position to benefit from this massive opportunity."
IMPORTANT: Increasing the use of Electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD) near you
Good news! There is currently a large-scale NHS England initiative to increase the uptake of electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD) throughout North Cumbria, the North East and Yorkshire. Many General Practices have already started this work and more will follow. To support Community Pharmacies to gain maximum benefit from this opportunity we are screening an eRD Webinar for Community Pharmacy contractors. This is not one to miss!
We will be running the same webinar on two dates to allow you a choice of when you would like to join the webinar:
- Wednesday 30th September, 7.00pm - https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_Nzk4NzQ5ZTItNTg3NC00MWE2LTgwMTAtNWE1NmMwNjFjMjI4%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%2203159e92-72c6-4b23-a64a-af50e790adbf%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%221286787e-be8d-4459-b9b5-3931f9322ce5%22%2c%22IsBroadcastMeeting%22%3atrue%7d
- Tuesday 6th October, 7.00pm - https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_MDBhYjhkNzItNWE4Ny00OTVjLWExMzAtY2FlYTgzMDhlMTM3%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%2203159e92-72c6-4b23-a64a-af50e790adbf%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%221286787e-be8d-4459-b9b5-3931f9322ce5%22%2c%22IsBroadcastMeeting%22%3atrue%7d
There is no sign-up required. Simply make a note in your diary and to view the webinar, please just click on the link for either date.
Advice to attendees:
- The event will last 40 minutes.
- Please join 5 minutes before the start to ensure you get set up in time for the start.
- To ensure you get a good connection please close any unneeded background applications that may use your broadband connection.
- To ensure the event runs to time there will not be a live Q&A however you can email [email protected] with any questions and these will be answered by the hosts.
- A recording of the event will be available.
- Feel free to tweet during the webinar using the hashtag #NorthernERD.
Many thanks and best wishes,
Andre and Mike
Local Professional Network Chairs (Pharmacy)
NHS England and NHS Improvement - North East and Yorkshire
LPC Meetings and Events
North of Tyne Local Pharmaceutical Committee usually meets on the first Wednesday of Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep and Nov. Community pharmacy contractors are welcome to observe our committee meetings. We invite representatives of our stakeholders to meet and present to the committee. If you would like to attend a committee meeting, or if there is a particular type of event or training evening that you would like us to organise please contact us
We hold three meetings a year in each locality for Healthy Living Champions to network and get updates on health and wellbeing iniatives. We also run frequent training events for pharmacists and pharmacy teams.
Date: Wednesday 19th August
If you'd like to attend, observe or present something at our meeting, contact us.
Annual General Meeting - 9th September 2020
Date: Wednesday 9th September 2020 Time: 19:00-19:30
Location: ZOOM meeting
Registration: please request zoom details by emailing [email protected]
Community Pharmacy North of Tyne Awards Night 2019
The North East has a proud history of innovation and exemplary service in community pharmacy. Every year we meet to celebrate the achievements, commitment and vitality of our contractors. Find out more about this year's winners below.
This meeting is for all community pharmacies accredited as Healthy Living Pharmacies (HLP) or working towards HLP accreditation. This meeting is open to those staff who will be or are currently training to be Health Champions. The only restriction, to keep the meeting managable, is that each pharmacy should send no more than ONE representative to the meeting. Those attending will be expected to cascade the information to other pharmacy staff. Meetings will take place every four months, i.e. three meetings per year. They will take place on the third Wednesday of the month in March, July and November.